6.12.2010

Woman in Red and Tommy with Mommy

Woman in Red and Tommy with Mommy Well, I haven't been very good lately about updating my blog or web site, sooo oo, today we post two finished paintings! The first is "Woman in Red" she is essentially ...me. I was quite home sick, so I just painted myself on the beach. You know, I can adjust to living just about anywhere, but when you come from the coast, it gets under your skin and you experience withdrawal when you can't smell the salt water, hear the sea gulls or stick your toes in the water. Right now I'm living in the Permian basin, translation, a dessert with the permanent smell of oil. Not quite the same as the ocean. :-/
These next two are of the same painting with a close up of Tommy the King Charles. Debora, Tommy's mommy commissioned this painting a couple of weeks ago and just was crazy about the way it turned out. Deborah is from the south east and of course I am in New Mexico so I didn't think I would get a chance to deliver the painting my self. But, as it happens, Deborah was here again two weeks later and I got to see her face as I unveiled the work, It is almost the best part of painting.
I will try to be better about posting from now on. As it happens, I think I have 3 more paintings in the studio almost ready to post!

No comments:

Etsy for Animals

Thing you should check out!


http://efaartistshelpinganimals.org/

Bio

Lori Rowe was raised by a geographically mobile family and considers Mystic, CT her town of origin. In keeping with her heritage, she now lives full time on the road traveling with her husband of seventeen years, 3 marvelous dogs and one pesky cat. She occupies her days as a full time artist. Her impressionistic art works are owned by both fine art collectors and art enthusiasts alike. Her passionate love of animals and children compels her to contribute much of her work to raise funds for worthy causes such as no-kill shelters, Dogs Deserve Better, Guide Dogs of America, Inc., CASA- protecting foster children (of the human variety) and animal hospice shelters.

Lori has recently been published by PAWS For Charity in the 2010 book PAWS For Charity which is donating all sales to The Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade.