11.19.2009

P.R. the Chrome Rooster

Well hello, seems like an entire season has past since my last painting was finished. About 6 weeks ago I had a visit to my studio from our propane provider Mike. He enjoyed my work so much he returned a couple of days later with his wife. He pointed out one piece he thought his daughter would just love, "Bleu Lagon Dane" (right)
We continued to chat and he told me of his brother in TX that was just opening a restaurant named""The Chrome Rooster". He was excited and told me he would love to have something done as a gift for the opening. Well, time passed and I didn't hear anymore, this happens a lot in this business, but I couldn't get the image out of my head, thus, PR The Chrome Rooster. This is the largest piece I've done to date, and by far the most time consuming. I'm sure this is because I repainted the piece several times before I was satisfied. The Polish Rooster has always been a favorite of mine, so I enjoyed studying the intricacies of the "king" of the roosters. PR is done with... Open Acrylic, metallic compound mixed with an acrylic medium on 24" X 30" stretched canvas. Sold

No comments:

Etsy for Animals

Thing you should check out!


http://efaartistshelpinganimals.org/

Bio

Lori Rowe was raised by a geographically mobile family and considers Mystic, CT her town of origin. In keeping with her heritage, she now lives full time on the road traveling with her husband of seventeen years, 3 marvelous dogs and one pesky cat. She occupies her days as a full time artist. Her impressionistic art works are owned by both fine art collectors and art enthusiasts alike. Her passionate love of animals and children compels her to contribute much of her work to raise funds for worthy causes such as no-kill shelters, Dogs Deserve Better, Guide Dogs of America, Inc., CASA- protecting foster children (of the human variety) and animal hospice shelters.

Lori has recently been published by PAWS For Charity in the 2010 book PAWS For Charity which is donating all sales to The Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade.