10.16.2009

Sisters - Something different

I was home sick or family sick one day and saw a wonderful picture of three women on a beach holding hands and thought "why not?" So, weeks later, this is what I got... I was going to name it "We are Family" but settled on "Sisters " instead. I think the fear of my actual sisters not appreciating my talent affected this decision. I hope they don't examine it too critically. I must have been nuts to have set out to paint the three of us in the first place, but, what in the world was I thinking when I did it in watercolor??? I'm not sure weather or not to post this painting on my web site, maybe some of you could help me out and let me know what you think. I was really excited when I worked on this and when I felt I was finished very anxious to photograph it and put it out there so to speak, but one opinion I received squelched my excitement when the sky and palm tree were the only things complemented...OY VEY...I wish I was on this beach, I don't know where it is as my favorite beach in Cape May, NJ does not have palm trees, but it looks lovely anyways. I think if I could just smell low tide and hear the seagulls I wouldn't feel so far away.

No comments:

Etsy for Animals

Thing you should check out!


http://efaartistshelpinganimals.org/

Bio

Lori Rowe was raised by a geographically mobile family and considers Mystic, CT her town of origin. In keeping with her heritage, she now lives full time on the road traveling with her husband of seventeen years, 3 marvelous dogs and one pesky cat. She occupies her days as a full time artist. Her impressionistic art works are owned by both fine art collectors and art enthusiasts alike. Her passionate love of animals and children compels her to contribute much of her work to raise funds for worthy causes such as no-kill shelters, Dogs Deserve Better, Guide Dogs of America, Inc., CASA- protecting foster children (of the human variety) and animal hospice shelters.

Lori has recently been published by PAWS For Charity in the 2010 book PAWS For Charity which is donating all sales to The Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade.