4.14.2010

SKY'S HARVEST NIGHT

I've been wanting to paint Sky for some time now, I think its the "come on, give me a break" look in this shot. Sky belongs to my sister, who got her from my niece, who got her from her sister....so as you can tell, she is the family dog. I've been experimenting trying to get the right painting to enter in a wine label contest. Mutt Lynch Winery, in CA has a competition every year. The painting must be 8x8 or smaller, for me that is the challenge. I love large canvas. This year winemaker Brenda Lynch has decided to create a red blended from her finest barrels, and "in the spirit of all things dog," she's calling it "Muttitage." Only 500 bottles of this rare and exclusive wine will be produced with the winning label on it. 10% of the sales benefiting the SF SPCA. Mean while, PAYNE'S GRAY is internationally famous. I have got to say who would have thought? Not me! I sent Payne's Gray over seas to assist in raising money for SAD, Strays of Abu Dhabi, because as hard as it is to believe for us Americans, they have NO shelters, so strays are killed. It was hard to even type that. Anyways, I sent a giclee' of the watercolor on art rag and Artist and coordinator Laurel Moore loved it so much Payne's Gray became the face of the auction.
Art Exhibition and Auction The Animal Lover's Art Auction in support of the Strays of Abu Dhabi Location:Millennium Hotel - Abu Dhabi Time: 7:30PM Saturday, April 10Th
Ends:April 17Th 7:30pm www.straysofabudhabi.com Artist Laurel Moore, representative and coordinator of the charity art exhibit, said "The hotel Director of PR said she just adored it!(speaking of the poster) I was so pleased... "
SO WAS I! :-)

No comments:

Etsy for Animals

Thing you should check out!


http://efaartistshelpinganimals.org/

Bio

Lori Rowe was raised by a geographically mobile family and considers Mystic, CT her town of origin. In keeping with her heritage, she now lives full time on the road traveling with her husband of seventeen years, 3 marvelous dogs and one pesky cat. She occupies her days as a full time artist. Her impressionistic art works are owned by both fine art collectors and art enthusiasts alike. Her passionate love of animals and children compels her to contribute much of her work to raise funds for worthy causes such as no-kill shelters, Dogs Deserve Better, Guide Dogs of America, Inc., CASA- protecting foster children (of the human variety) and animal hospice shelters.

Lori has recently been published by PAWS For Charity in the 2010 book PAWS For Charity which is donating all sales to The Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade.